Bi-directional DC Motor Speed Controller Kit – K166
The K166 Bi-directional DC motor speed controller kit allows controlling the speed of a DC motor in both the forward and reverse direction using pulse-width modulation (PWM). The range of DC motor control is from fully OFF to fully ON in both directions. Turning the pot in the other direction causes the DC motor to spin in the opposite direction. The center position on the pot is OFF, forcing the motor to slow and stop before changing direction. See our one direction DC Motor Controller.
- L: 3-3/4″ W: 1-5/8″ H: 1″.
- Motor Speed Controlled via a potentiometer.
- For DC motors 12 to 32 Volts DC @ 5 Amps as constructed. The IRFZ44 Mosfets can handle up to a maximum 49Amps, but PCB trace capacity would have to be beefed up with some hookup wire (underneath the PCB) soldered between the MOFSET pins and the screw terminal blocks. If you are running beyond 5 Amps and the MOFSETS are getting hot, bigger heatsinks should be used. You can also dissipate heat with a cooling fan directed over the heat sinks.
- Requires operating voltage of 6 – 32 VDC.
- This PWM DC motor controller circuit can be used for generating hydrogen, build your own fuel cell station. More common uses include controlling DC motors in golf carts, buggies, RC cars, robotics, DC hobby motors, toy DC motors, etc.
- Electonic Kit – soldering required.