Mini Sound Activated Switch – K126
This Mini Sound Activated Switch Kit, or mini-VOX – voice operated relay – is based on a circuit published in Silicon Chip, 9/1994, p31. We have improved it by putting an on-board Koa potentiometer in order to adjust the sensitivity. The idea behind a VOX is that instead of the user pressing a switch to activate a relay, the sound of the users voice itself activates the relay. This gives hands-free control over devices like lights and tape recorders. Relay stays on for 1 or 5 seconds (depending on components used) then shuts off. Different time values can be realized by using different value components (read k126.pdf for more information). Kit: Requires Soldering Assembly.
- L: 2-1/4″ W: 1-1/4″ H: 5/8″
- Requires 12 VDC Power Supply
- Current drain when off is 5-7mA and 35mA when activated
- Relay output rated at 12/24VDC/1A
- Microphone can be connected on leads up to 2 feet away from the PCB.
- Off time delay adjustable by changing component values.
- Electronic Kit – Soldering required.