4 Channel Temperature Monitor & Control Kit – K190
This kit is an extension of our popular CK0110 (DIY Kit 145) Temperature Logger kit. Like the CK0110 it features 4 temperature inputs using the DS1820 digital sensor. We have also added 4 relays to provide output control. Commands for reading temperatures or controlling relays are sent via the RS232 serial interface using simple text strings. The kit can be controlled by a simple terminal or communications program (such as Hyperterminal) or via the free Windows software available for the kit. This software provides basic thermostat and temperature logging functions.
Functionally, it’s a very nice little unit — easy to communicate with (a simple command structure, and simple data structure), and easy to do hookups. Internally, the relay channels are independent of the sensor channels. So, in your software you can set up linkage in any way you like. The CK0110 is constantly pushing data out the serial line. With the K190, you have to poll the board for temperature data. The board will work with the same DS1820 and DS18S20 sensors that the CK0110 uses, but can handle the DS18B20 sensor as well.
- Case Size – W: 5.1″ D: 4″ H: 1.3″
- Power Supply – Requires 12VDC, 2.5mm DC Jack, center positive (need a power supply?)
- Temp Sensor Inputs – requires 4 x Dallas DS18S20 or DS18B20 – sold separately
- Outputs – 4x SPDT relays, dry contacts
- Accuracy – +/- 0.5 C
- Sensors can be up to 80 feet away
- Link to software included with kit documentation
- Electronic Kit – Soldering required.
Software upgrades and other information available from John Gray at K108relays.com