Parallax ActivityBot 360° Programmable Robot Kit – PX32600
Ready for robotics? The smart little ActivityBot 360° Robot can get you started and take you a long way. It is easy to program visually with BlocklyProp, or in C with simplified libraries. Feedback 360° High Speed Servos with built-in encoders make for fast, consistent maneuvers. A variety of sensors and components come in the kit. Its Propeller Activity Board WX features built-in support for audio and wireless upgrades.
Free web tutorials guide you step by step — just follow the checkmarks. First, build your ActivityBot. Then, learn about programming its multicore Propeller chip brain. Start building circuits on a breadboard, then make DIY sensor systems so your robot can navigate on its own. Tutorial options include BlocklyProp graphical programming or C language with simplified libraries. Choose your preference, or go from one to the other for a strong foundation and progression.
The ActivityBot 360° Robot is ready for tinkering. Add off-the-shelf components, additional sensors, and upgrade kits. The Propeller Activity Board WX sports a mini audio jack and a socket for an optional RF module (not included).
The ActivityBot 360° Robot builds transferable skills in middle school, high school or college robotics, technology, engineering, and programming courses, and is California A-G certified. Recommended for ages 14 and up.
- Free BlocklyProp online graphical programming for Chromebook, Windows, and Mac
- Free C language programming with SimpleIDE software for Windows and Mac
- Propeller Activity Board WX (#32912) makes it quick to integrate sensors, motors, and more
- Feedback 360° High-speed servo motors with built-in encoders make fast, consistent maneuvers
- Plug common electronic parts right into the breadboard or 3-pin headers. No soldering or special connectors needed!
- Parts included for DIY navigation sensors that use touch, visible light, infrared light and ultrasonics
- Built-in SD card slot and included microSD card are ready for data-logging and file storage
- A great hobby kit for exploring robotics, electronics and programming
- An affordable STEM education platform to provide a high robot/student ratio
Note: The ActivityBot 360° Robot requires five 1.5 V AA alkaline batteries, or 5 1.2 V NiMH rechargeable batteries (#752-00022), not included.
The ActivityBot 360° replaces the original ActivityBot Robot Kit with external encoders (#32500).