Parallax Boe-Bot Robot Kit USB Version – PX28832
Build your own rolling robot with a BASIC Stamp 2 microcontroller brain. Just follow the clear, step-by-step instructions and illustrations with the included book, Robotics with the Boe-Bot. No programming or electronics experience is needed! Parallax 28832, Parallax BoeBot
The Boe-Bot Robot takes about 1-2 hours to put together. Each project in the Robotics text provides a unique new experience of wiring and source code tuning. Completing the entire set of projects takes 50 hours and is suitable for anybody over 13 years of age. The USB Board of Education (and BS2-IC) may also be removed to be used as your platform for the other kits in the Stamps in Class series.
You can find Boe-Bot robots in middle and high schools, vocational schools and colleges, robotics clubs, and hobbyists’ homes. They are great companions for learning or teaching technology, mechatronics, and STEM programs. It’s also an approved platform for the Boy Scouts of America Robotics Merit Badge.
Follow this link for some interesting videos of the Parallax Boe Bot in action!
- Beginner-friendly – No programming experience needed
- Open platform – Exposed circuitry allows you to learn and create your own electronic circuits
- Solder-free – Experiment with custom circuits on the breadboard (no special-brand connectors)
- Understandable – Included text provides easy-to-follow tutorials
- Programmable – PBASIC is easy to learn and introduces concepts found in most programming languages
- Autonomous – Touch, light and infrared sensors let the Boe-Bot navigate on its own
- Expandable – Additional sensors and hardware expansion kits are available to get the most our of your robot
- Board of Education development board with a BASIC Stamp 2 microcontroller (#28803)
- Durable brushed-aluminum chassis with mounting holes for servos and accessories (#700-00022)
- Parallax continuous rotation servos for the drive wheels (#900-00008)
- Sensors including whisker-switches, phototransistors, and infrared emitter/receiver pairs
- LEDs and a piezospeaker for audio and visual feedback
- All the resistors, capacitors, and jumper wires needed to build the circuits
- All the screws, nuts, and other hardware needed to build the Boe-Bot
- Parallax #1 Phillips/flathead screwdriver
- USB A to Mini-B cable to connect the Boe-Bot to your Windows computer for programming
- Note: Requires 4 AA batteries, not included, and a PC running Windows XP/Vista/7.
- Recommended for ages 13 and up.
Video of Parallax Boe Bot USB Version:
There are no reviews yet.