Serial Port I/O Relay Board – CK1610 – Kit. Soldering and assembly required.
You can program and control this 8 channel serial port I/O relay board kit (soldering required) via a PC Serial Port. Simply connect a serial cable from your computer to the connector on relay board. There are 8 relays each capable of switching 250V/12A switched by using Dinkle connectors (250V rated). There are also 4 optically isolated inputs that can be used for feed back. We provide Windows 9x/2000/ME/XP software download to control the unit. The kit is a boon to the Science Fair project, laboratory experimenter and so on. Uses serial port so it can be located over 100 yards from the PC. DIY K108.
Need more inputs and outputs? Join two CK1610’s together with our CK1610 Upgrade Kit (CK1610U).
- L: 5-1/2″ W: 4-1/2″ H: 1-1/2″
- Requires external 9-12 volt dc @ 500mA power supply
- Draws about 20mA in idle state
- 8 Relay Outputs, relay ratings: 24VDC@15A, 120VAC@15A, 250VAC@10A (more info on how relays work)
- 4 Optically Isolated Inputs
- Programmed via any terminal program and simple text commands
- Complete instructions included
- This unit can be used with ANY computer and operating system. It can be controlled via a terminal emulator program such as HyperTerminal. Free terminal available under our “Instructions/Manuals” Tab.
- Electronic Kit – Soldering required.
See our Radio Frequency data link kit K173 AND K174 to connect your PC to the CK1610
Also see our CK1601 – Parallel Port Relay Board for a parallel port version of this circuit.